Two Buoys Dromana is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic 2nd Year Apprentice Chef.
We are an award-winning restaurant, wine & cocktail bar situated seaside on the Mornington Peninsula. We are a well-established, iconic seaside venue seating approximately 140. With direct views over the bay, we are very busy over the summer season and have a steady loyal local customer base in the off seasons.
To be successful in this position you must obtain or be willing to perform the following:
- Must be hands on.
- Basic food product knowledge and knowledge or experience in a food service operation.
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen would be an advantage but not essential.
- Positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- A love and passion for food with a can-do attitude.
- Stays calm under pressure.
- Strong work-ethic.
- Good personal presentation, reliable and trustworthy.
- Good oral English communication skills.
- Flexible and willing to work during the week, evenings and weekends.
- You must be starting or in your 2nd year of apprenticeship.
- Prepare and present all food items according to direction by the senior chef on duty.
- Serve food with prompt, quality service and to specified standards.
- Assist in ensuring the kitchen is maintained in a hygienic and sanitary condition at all times.
- Receive and storing stock correctly, using stock rotation procedures where necessary.
- Report any breakages or malfunctioning equipment to your supervisor.
- Have an ability and willingness to undertake all on the job apprentice training criteria.
- Collect information from the areas of the kitchen visited that pertain to the completion of the apprenticeship modules.
- Complete tasks and assignments (at training organisation and work) by the specified time.
Due to the operational hours of our venue, you would need to have your own transport, and ideally live within 30 minutes drive.
The right candidate will look forward to a solid career path and an immediate start. Remuneration will be based on Apprentice Award rates and on experience.
Apply by sending CV attention to Scott.
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year