- These positions form part of the Statutory Building Unit within the Infrastructure and Planning Group
- Permanent Fulltime positions within the Statutory Building Administration Team
- Salary Range 4A to 4D Depending on Experience
About the business & role
The Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Building Team is looking to appoint three
(3) enthusiastic Statutory Building Administration Officers.
This role is to assist and support the Statutory Building Team in protecting the health and safety of people and property through compliance with the Building Act and Regulations.
To provide clear, accurate and consistent information on building legislation and technical matters and to operate an efficient records system for building activity within the Shire.
The administration team is made up of two Senior Administration Officers and five administration officers.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Answer incoming calls, attend counter duty and respond to email enquiries.
- Identify and respond to customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Consult with Building Technical officers.
- Actively promote, implement and maintain a positive customer service focus.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence using the Corporate Information System.
- Process applications and requests for information in accordance with the various acts.
- Provide efficient and accurate data entry using the organisations corporate data base systems.
- Provide administration support to the Statutory Building Team as directed by the Senior Administration Officers.
- Administrative duties including photocopying, mail, organising meetings and taking minutes.
Skills & Experience
A Certificate in Office Administration or experience in an administrative role together with competency in the application of the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact David Kotsiakos, Manager of Statutory Building, 5950 1144
Enquiries: Sally Hall
Applications Close: 16/02/2018
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.