Mornington Peninsula Shire has recently formed a Legal Services Team with the goal of integrating a best practice local government legal department comprising the functions of legal, risk, insurance and claims across the Shire’s operations.
Reporting to the Corporate Counsel, the Administrative Support Officer will provide:
- General administration support to the Legal Services Team.
- Specific administration support to the Risk and Insurance team (which forms part of the Legal Services team) in relation to annual insurance renewal and claims made against the Shire.
- Assistance with delivering Legal Services team research, training programs and projects.
The ideal candidate
You will have:
- expert knowledge of Objective and Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- high level knowledge of local government policies and procedures
- high level verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to manage workload to a high standard
- the ability to facilitate effective collaborative relationships with internal and external customers
- the ability to work collegiately with other team members, the community and other stakeholders
- sensitivity to confidential issues as they relate to the Legal Services area
- the ability to discuss and resolve problems – internally and externally
- effective time management skills with particular emphasis on meeting tight deadlines
- good planning and organisational skills to assist in the management of competing demands in a busy office environment
- at least 3 years’ experience in a similar administrative support role
- a post-secondary qualification in Business Administration or similar would be an advantage
- experience in a previous legal, risk, claims or insurance support role is preferred
- A valid Employee Working with Children Check
- a Criminal History Check
- a valid Driver’s licence
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact David Carrington on 03 5950 1693.