An exciting career opportunity exists for a highly motivated and proactive Assistant Manager to join our close knit team at the iconic Kirks On The Esplanade in beautiful Mornington.
Proudly an independent hotel group, our Managers are multi-talented superstars who are switched on team players.
They support and guide team members on a daily basis and their actions always promote our desired values and workplace culture.
We are currently seeking an experienced, hands-on Assistant Manager to assist in the day to day running of the venue.
Reporting to the Venue Manager, this role will involve:
- Working as part of the management team to achieve profitable food, beverage and gaming operations.
- Supervising the gaming and bar operations to ensure they comply with health and safety regulations as well as legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the creation, promotion and running of functions and events held at the venue.
- Performing the assigned opening or closing operations of the Hotel, including accurate management of money.
- Ensuring excellence and consistency in customer service.
- Coordinating and undertaking weekly and monthly stock-takes of food & beverage items.
- Assisting with administration, rostering, training, and supervision of staff.
You’ll need to be a champion of all things service and hospitality, and have:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of food & beverage operations.
- Extensive knowledge of gaming operations and associated legislation
- Be able to think on your feet as you learn and adapt to an ever changing environment.
- Experience in the supervision and motivation of team members.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent personal presentation.
- A positive, friendly, can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to work varied hours.
- RSA certificate, RSG certificate
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an equivalent role within a high volume Food, Beverage and Gaming venue.
In return for your hard work we offer a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work within a premium venue that offers training, development and career pathways.
Kirks aims to ensure our team represents the community we service, embracing the richness of Australia’s diverse population.
Please forward your resume outlining relevant industry experience, credentials, relevant referees & a brief cover note to: email@example.com