The Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Infrastructure Strategy Unit manages the Shire’s infrastructure assets by developing and implementing cost effective policies, strategies and plans that support the delivery of services to the satisfaction of the community.
The Infrastructure Strategy Unit is seeking a full-time Capital Works Planning Coordinator for the planning, preparation and reporting of the Shire’s Capital Works Programs.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to apply your capital works planning knowledge for a diverse range of projects and infrastructure grant opportunities. You will have an excellent understanding of project monitoring and reporting requirements along with an ability to write reports, present with confidence and accurately assess the political environment.
The position is based at our Rosebud Office.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key duties include:
- proactively supporting & promoting the day to day delivery of programs, services and collections
- providing assistance and advice to customers
- supporting customer use of technology and library systems
- developing & maintaining relationships with community groups
- training & monitoring work tasks for volunteers and work experience / placement students
- supporting the development and delivery of regular programs & events
- data entry into the Library Management System
- collection, processing and reconciliation of income generated at front of house customer service and self-service stations
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
- have an understanding of project monitoring and reporting requirements.
- have the ability to write and deliver a range of reports, memos and briefings.
- have demonstrated leadership skills including an ability to create vision and enable, inspire and guide others towards goal accomplishment
- have an understanding of budgeting and financial requirements.
- possess high level of analytical and problem solving for decision making abilities.
- have skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising one’s own work.
- be tertiary qualified in Engineering, Project Management, Accounting or a related field.
- have experience in organisational change and development.
- jave an Employer Working with Children Check
- be prepared to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact Chris Munro on 03 5950 1271.