If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter and CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO IS JACKALOPE?
Jackalope includes a 45 room hotel, Two Restaurants ( Doot Doot Doot and Rare Hare) and Hotel services and Events.
The property also has an infinity pool overlooking the vineyard and a bar (Flaggerdoot) which offers an extensive cocktail & wine list.
Jackalope has won many awards, including the 2018 Gourmet Traveller Hotel Guide “Boutique Hotel of the Year”.
Opportunities available in:
Doot Doot Doot : The main hotel restaurant. Degustation offering. During the week the restaurant is only open for dinner.
Rare Hare : The relaxed dining restaurant for the locals. Affordable shared menu. During the week the restaurant is only open for lunch.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing your own section
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Involvement in menu planning (utilising the Jackalope kitchen garden)
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Assist Head Chef/Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures
Enjoy real responsibility within your role, while working alongside senior chefs invested in your professional growth and development. We offer the ability to gain skills in both modern and classic cuisines, while also cultivating a knowledge of culinary gardening within our established vineyard setting.
The right candidate will:
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Chef de Partie. Hatted restaurant experience desirable
- A current, valid, and relevant trade commercial cookery qualification (proof may be required)
- Strong coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
Your shifts may include:
- Monday through to Sunday shifts – we are open 7 days a week
- The busiest days are Saturday & Sunday and therefore please expect to be rostered on the weekends primarily
- Doot Doot Doot hours : Monday to Thursday the restaurant is only open for dinner. Friday, Saturday & Sunday the restaurant is open and lunch and dinner.
- Rare Hare hours : Monday to Thursday the restaurant is only open for lunch. Friday, Saturday & Sunday the restaurant is open and lunch and dinner.
You will have access to:
- Competitive rates of pay – Develop your culinary career at a world-class hotel, with multiple dining outlets, situated on a stunning vineyard.
- Discounted dining
- Discounted wine
- Complimentary stays in the hotel
- Benefits for family and friends
- Uniforms provided
- A recognition program that rewards excellence
- Career opportunities with future hotels planned
- FOOD HANDLERS – Must attain Food Handlers certificate.
- WORKING RIGHTS – All candidates must have full working rights within Australia.