The Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Buildings and Open Space Project Management team is seeking to appoint a graduate civil engineer to join the team.
You will be accountable for supporting and assisting Council’s Buildings and Open Space Project Management team with the assessment and approvals of development applications and delivery of Council’s annual Capital Works Program.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key duties of the position include assistance with:
- Setting appropriate engineering conditions for planning permits.
- Reviewing construction plans for new Shire infrastructure constructed by private development works.
- Approving works that conform to the Shire’s design guidelines and procedures and relevant industry standards and making recommendations relating to changes to these procedures
- Delivering an agreed annual portfolio of projects in accordance with the needs and expectations of our communities.
- Delivering efficient services in a manner which aligns the delivery of services with client and customer expectations through direct customer contact, effective contract management and contractor collaboration.
- Working within the Shire’s procedures, specifications and design guidelines.
Skills and experience
- have a tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering;
- have a willingness and motivation to learn;
- a good level of communication skills.
- be competent in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word.
- hold an Employee Working with Children Check (mandatory)
- be prepared to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check (mandatory)
- hold a current Driver’s licence (mandatory)
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact David Hampton on 03 5950 1296.