Leading Meat Export manufacturer has a full-time position for an experienced Cost Accountant.
This role exists to provide production costing information to the owners and managers of the business in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Provide monthly costing reports in a timely manner
· Ensure the cost of goods sold amount in the financial accounts is accurate
· Provide product individual product costs to support the sales decision makers
· Analyse monthly general ledger accounts and provide explanations for any major variance
· Provide advice to owners and managers in relation cost reduction measures
· Provide departmental managers with advice on costing of new production processes
· Construct and monitor cost effective data accumulation systems
Competencies Required (knowledge, skills and abilities)
· Degree qualified (preferable)
· Strong experience in process and joint product costing
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Customer Service focus
· Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel
· Good attention to detail
· Ability to organize and plan
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria