Bass Coast Health (BCH) is the major sub-regional public healthcare provider within the Bass Coast Shire, located close to Phillip Island, Wilsons Prom and the beautiful beaches in between.
Attractions of the area include surfing, diving, fishing and still only 120 minutes from Melbourne CBD.
BCH is an integrated health service providing a range of acute, sub-acute, ancillary medical, aged and ambulatory care services. Its 58 bed hospital is fully equipped to offer a broad range of on-site and visiting specialist medical, surgical and obstetric services including orthopaedics, ophthalmology, gynaecology, paediatrics, urology and rehabilitation.
BCH invites expressions of interest for the role of Director of Medical Services (DMS).
As a member of the Executive Team, the DMS is accountable for the leadership of medical services, medical staff and for the management oversight of contracted diagnostic services. The DMS will determine and authorise procedures and protocols in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer.
BCH is ideally seeking the services of a full time DMS with a focus on medical administration, but are open to the role being a combination of DMS / clinical work, dependent on qualifications, availability and the need of the DMS’s area of speciality.
Mandatory Qualifications / Registrations and experience:
· Current MBBS registration
· A minimum of three years full time post graduate clinical experience
· Demonstrated experience in medical administration with qualifications such as FRACMA being highly desirable
· Knowledge and understanding of Medical and Clinical issues in Rural Health
· Police check and clearance prior to commencement
· Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the appropriate registration authority within Australia. Certified copies of the required information must be provided prior to the commencement of duties.
Applications Close on 23 March 2015.
For further information please contact:
Veronica Jamison, Chief Executive Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 03 5671 3209
Applications, including a cover letter and two professional referrees should be addressed to:
Pat Grasby, Executive Assistant email@example.com