Wagtail Cottage Early Childhood Care & Education at Somerville is currently seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Early Childhood Teacher.
We are focused on creating a positive, open and honest environment for Educators and recognize that Educators are the most integral component of running a quality Service.
This is a great opportunity to further develop your career in a quality service, renowned for its commitment to families and the local community.
- Sound understanding of the National Quality Standard and National Framework.
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Awareness of current issues in children’s services.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnerships with families.
- Demonstrated professional level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children.
- Extensive knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and safety issues relating to children and staff.
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to the Nominated Supervisor/ Service Manager in all areas of administrative procedures, curriculum development, parent and community liaison, staff professional development and training, and any other areas as the need arises.
As the ideal candidate, you will present with a strong understanding of the EYLF and NQS and have had several years’ experience within the Early Childhood Sector. You will also be confident when communicating with all levels of management.
The ideal candidate for this position will hold:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies) or a Recognised ACECQA Early Childhood Teacher qualification or Commencement of study of this course
- Current Senior First Aid certificate
- CPR including Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- Acceptance from Working with Children Check
- Have a true passion for Early Childhood Education and Care
If you want to be part of an organization that is focused and committed to quality and excellence then this is the role you have been looking for.
Please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please email your resume to the Service Manager at email@example.com