Independence Australia is a not-for-profit organisation supporting people with a disability or other physical need to regain, retain and extend their independence.
Our DSW's are positive, committed and enthusiastic people that support clients with physical disabilities to live independently. Duties include all types of personal care, hoist transfers, domestic support and assisting clients to participate actively in their local community.
We are looking for people with:
- Demonstrated experience as a disability support worker in the community or in home setting
- A certificate III or IV in Disability or similar (or an interest in further training to improve your skills)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including working positively with others, problem solving and dealing with conflict
We currently have ongoing shift vacancies in your local area. If you are ready to improve the quality of life of people living in your community, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- When are you available to start?
- What days are you available to work?
- Do you have a current First Aid qualification?
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Independence Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a smoke–free working environment.