Phillip Island Nature Parks is the managing body for crown lands on Phillip Island and incorporates the Penguin Parade, Koala Conservation Centre, historic Churchill Island and the Nobbies Centre.
This position aims are to deliver accurate reports and maintain the financial records for the Nature Parks to ensure compliance with the Financial Management Act, Regulations and Statutory requirements whilst playing a key role in the improvement of systems and methodology, and ensuring good corporate governance.
Success is demonstrated through:
• Minimising business risks through the development and implementation of an effective risk management framework
• Development and implementation of appropriate accounting policy and procedures
• Ensure adherence to an appropriate corporate governance standards
• Implementation and management of appropriate financial accounting and information systems
• Management of the organisations IT Systems to ensure hardware and software is up to date and maintained, and policies and procedures are implemented
• Provision of accurate financial reporting to government departments and relevant stakeholders
Applicants are required to have completed post graduate qualifications and maintain a professional membership with either CPA Australia or the Institute of Chartered Accountant Australia and undergo a police check.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Ability to work effectively with, Board, Departments, Executive and Senior staff, suppliers, professional advisers/ consultants in a complex and demanding team environment
• Extensive experience and a record of achievement in the management of financial and accounting transactions
• Capacity to work with government, business and the community
• Ability to review and make recommendations for improvements with business operations
• Ability to advise and manage the Information System requirements for the organisation
A full position description, including selection criteria is available on our website www.penguins.org.au
Applicants are required to provide a written application with a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria.
Applications should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications is 5.00 pm on Sunday 3rd May 2015.
Enquiries for this position may be made to Mr Garry Williams on 59512840.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria