Green Olive at Red Hill is an award winning Food Tourism business located on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula.
We grow olives, grapes, herbs and veggies, raise sheep, pigs and chooks and turn amazing produce from local farmers into a range of goodies you’ll love. Green Olive at Red Hill is a family business – we are; Greg and Sue O’Donoghue, our children Sam and Sophie, three Kelpies (Inca, Rasa & Indi), one Maremma (Pisa), one pony (Gracie), thirty sheep, fifty chooks, a few pigs, some Indian Runner ducks and a hive of healthy bees.
We are open every day, except Christmas Day and Boxing Day, serving our farm grown tapas and wine menu. We also have a host of cooking experiences and farm experiences which have been integral in us winning Hall of Fame (Gold 2014, 2015, 2016) in the RACV Tourism Awards and both Gold (2015) and Sliver (2014 & 2016) in the QANTAS Australian Tourism Awards.
In your role you will be a “hands on” manager of a team who meet, greet, serve and ensure visitors enjoy our whole farm experience.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to management, you will take control of the day-to-day running of restaurant and Farm Shop
– Lead, motivate and inspire the team with your knowledge, passion and love for the brand.
– Support and manage your team like your family with love, cooperation and honesty
– Make and serve drinks including wine and farm roasted coffee
– Liaise effectively with the chefs
– Manage bookings
– Manage rosters
– Increase revenue by encouraging repeat business
– Control costs by following best practice
– Maintain optimum presentation and cleanliness of the restaurant and farm shop retail display
Skills and experience
Skills you require are:
– A passion for food and delivering an outstanding product and service
– An appreciation for wine with the ability to do wine tastings
– Barista skills
– IT skills to manage electronic bookings management processes
– Understanding of retail display
This is a full time position, requires weekend work but no nights.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria