Gardens for Living is a gardening business established on the Mornington peninsula since 1984. We are looking for a qualified horticulturist and an apprentice gardener to join our enthusiastic team.
We work solely on the Mornington Peninsula on privately owned properties, maintaining and developing country gardens to an excellent standard.
All applicants must have the following
- Honest and polite.
- Physically fit and hard working.
- Willing and eager to learn.
- Great communication skills.
- A thorough attention to detail.
- Licence and own vehicle.
- Passionate about the outdoors.
- Awareness of safe practices in the workplace.
Experienced gardener must have
- Cert III in horticulture parks and gardens.
- Ability to carry tools and equipment in your vehicle and tow a trailer.
- References from past horticultural employment and/or examples of work.
- Clear understanding of use and maintenance of tools of the trade.
- Ability to assess garden needs, troubleshoot and work unsupervised.
- Cert II and prior gardening experience will be highly regarded.
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions an absolute necessity.
What’s in it for you?
- Full time work Monday to Friday with regular overtime available.
- Regular pay and all entitlements on time.
- We are committed to our staff to make a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- Apprenticeship training provided at no cost to you.
- All tools of the trade provided.