Located on the scenic Mornington Peninsula, a 90 minute drive from Melbourne, the Sorrento Golf Club is recognised as one of Australia's leading private golf clubs.
Established in 1907, the club has a rich heritage and culture that values the traditions of dignity, fellowship and understated excellence.
The club continues to provide members with the highest standards of excellence. The picturesque seaside golf course is ranked in Australia's Top 100 golf courses, and the recently redeveloped clubhouse offers facilities of an unrivalled standard, including quality dining, function and fitness areas. Complementing the club's facilities is a focus for member service across all operations.
Sorrento is a vibrant and successful club with high levels of demand for membership (a waiting list currently exists) and profitable financial performance.
Following more than fifteen years of service and contributing to the club's successful development and current position, the current General Manager will retire later in 2015. As such, an outstanding opportunity now exists for a dynamic, engaging and suitably qualified professional to be appointed General Manager of this prestigious club.
The General Manager is actively involved in all aspects of the club and is responsible for all operations. The broad responsibilities of the role are:
- Providing leadership, supervision, training and support to the service team;
- Ensuring the provision and development of the club's facilities and services- particularly the golf course, golf operations, food and beverage, communications and administration;
- Leading strategy development and execution;
- Efficient and effective management.
The successful candidate will possess the following key performance attributes:
- Experience in golf club management, with an approach that matches the club's culture;
- Demonstrated leadership and management of a team with a strong focus on member service and high performance;
- Development and successful execution of strategic and annual business plans;
- A proven track record in the quality delivery of golf club facilities and services, particularly food and beverage;
- Experience in member engagement and communications, including the effective utilisation of technology;
- Be highly capable at financial, administration and compliance management;
- Display excellent organisational skills with a willingness and versatility to work collaboratively with the club committees and service team.
A friendly, independent and motivated person with strong communication and personal skills to actively and positively engage with all members is also required. Golfing experience is desirable.
An attractive remuneration and employment package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applications are being managed by WellPlayed Golf Business Consultancy and close Friday 3 July.
For more information please contact Guy Chapple from WellPlayed on 0417 034 684 or or email email@example.com
WellPlayed Golf Business Consultancy
M: 0417 034 684