About the business and the role
The Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Governance Unit is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the team.
Based at the Shire’s Rosebud Office on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, the Governance Team is responsible for providing a high level of administrative and statutory governance support to Council, the Executive Team, Shire staff and the community.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Council agendas, minutes, briefing papers and other related documents, attends Council Meetings, Committee Meetings and other such forums as required in a governance capacity to facilitate minute taking and meeting processes.
- Coordinating Council agendas, minutes, briefing papers and other related documents;
- Attending Council and Committee meetings, and other such forums as required in a governance capacity to facilitate minute taking and meeting processes;
- Maintaining up to date Governance information in the Shire’s Record Keeping System (Objective), on the Council Hub, the intranet and the Shire’s website.
- Coordinating citizenship ceremonies including Australia Day.
Skills and experience
possess good knowledge of the Local Government Act 1989, legislative processes, meeting procedure, electoral provisions and other statutory processes and procedures;
- have a sound understanding of social, political and legal frameworks in which Local Government operates;
- have strong computer skills including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products and Adobe Acrobat Professional;
- have well-developed research and investigation skills;
- excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- high level of diplomacy, political acumen, discretion, and attention to detail;
- a positive solutions-focused attitude with attention to detail and ability to meet tight and multiple deadlines with an ability to plan, organise and prioritise accordingly
- an ability to maintain strong working relations with key external stakeholders;
- have a Working with Children Check (WWCC);
- be prepared to undertake a Police Records Check;
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact Christine Aslanidis on 03 5950 1137.
Please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume, via the Shire’s job portal: https://mp.mercury.com.au by 12 noon, Friday 24 November 2017.
Please do not select SEEK’s “apply now” button. You must apply via Shire’s job portal.