Our client is a long established, successful Accounting Practice located at the gateway to the Mornington Peninsula. Their booming practice provides personalised and tailored accounting and wealth management solutions to new and long-standing clients across a diverse spectrum of industries.
Due to strong growth and continued expansion, an opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Accountant to join their high performing Auditing team. This is a fantastic opportunity is perfectly suited for a driven University student to jump start their career in accounting and auditing and have an excellent chance for professional progression.
As the Graduate Accountant you will assist in the performance of audits which will be managed/supervised by Junior / Senior Auditors and Directors.
– Access ATO portal for client information and BAS lodgement
– Identify where various items are represented on statements
– Be able to document observations during testing procedures
– Working with Timelines
– Provide supporting documentation and clearly articulate and prove how certain figures/outcomes were achieved and why
– Competent with programs such as MYOB, APS, Quickbooks, Xero, Reckon and BGL at basic levels
– Demonstrated self-checking skills
– Interacts directly with the Senior auditors and Audit Director to discuss and work through scenarios
– Prepare portions of audit files under supervision
– Good understanding of source data and research capabilities
– Gain an understanding and application of GST law
– Gain an understanding and application of SIS Act and Superannuation Regulations
– Gain an Understanding of AASB, ASA and other relevant pronouncements
– Gain an Understanding of various trust legislation (Solicitors, Real Estate & Accountants)
– Attend structured training events
– Attention to detail
– Strong Excel and Word skills
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Proactive and innovative
– Flexible and adaptable
– Enthusiastic team player
If you are a University student, have a great attitude and strong communication skills please apply!
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria