Phillip Island Nature Parks, one of Australia’s most popular wildlife attractions, incorporating the Penguin Parade, Koala Conservation Centre, historic Churchill Island and the Nobbies Centre.
We are eager to appoint a Horticulturist/Gardener for our historical working farm at Churchill Island.
As our horticulturist, you will drive the ongoing development and maintenance of the historical gardens at Churchill Island to the highest possible standards
Working with the Farm Coordinator your key areas of work includes:
• Developing and delivering an annual plan for all garden areas on Churchill Island with specific attention to the preservation of the historical aspect
• Coordination and supervision of staff and volunteers
• Ensuring all garden machinery and equipment is well maintained and in a safe working condition
• Working with the local Friends of Churchill Island Society in preserving and enhancing the unique history of Churchill Island
• Assisting farm staff with weed spraying and other activities as required
For success in this role you will have:
• Qualifications in Horticulture and/or demonstrated relevant work experience within horticultural environment
• Experience in developing and maintaining garden plans, including experience in English and native gardens.
• Strong time management and organisation skills with the ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment
• High level of customer service and communication skills
• Current drivers licence (manual)
• Agvet chemical user certificate
A full position description can be obtained by visiting www.penguins.org.au
Your application should address the selection criteria and include a full resume of previous experience. Submission of applications is via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the position close 5pm, Sunday 19th April 2015
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria