The Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Infrastructure Strategy Unit which manages the Shire’s infrastructure assets is seeking a full-time Infrastructure Planner–Drainage and Waterways Engineer.
The Unit develops and implements cost effective policies, strategies and plans that support the delivery of services to the satisfaction of the community.
This role is responsible for the investigation and planning of innovative solutions to drainage and flood related works raised by the community, flood studies and investigations.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key duties of the position include:
- development and implementation of a Long-Term Capital Works Plan for the Local Integrated Drainage Strategy and the Drainage Improvement Program;
- responding to community enquiries relating to engineering infrastructure, particularly drainage and flooding;
- promoting best practice approaches within the Shire for water sensitive urban design;
- processing Legal Point of Discharge applications;
- managing relationships with members of the public and businesses affected by drainage works;
- liaising with other departments including Planning, Subdivisional Services, Infrastructure Maintenance and Design to ensure best value outcomes;
- undertaking the Special Charge Schemes process for projects.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
- have a high level of competence in project management and strategic planning for development of drainage infrastructure;
- have a demonstratedunderstanding of road, drainage and environmental design using modern principles and standards;
- be able to negotiate and consult with a range of community stakeholders and groups;
- be teritary qualified with a Civil Engineering Degree or an Associate Diploma of Civil Engineering (or equivalent);
- have experience in the formulation and implementation of annual infrastructure development programs;
- have experience in the drainage design of infrastructure projects and flood management;
- hold an Employee Working with Children Check (mandatory)
- be prepared to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check (mandatory)
- hold a current Driver’s Licence (mandatory)
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact Chris Munro on 03 5950 1272.