We are seeking a qualified Leisure & Lifestyle Coordinator with aged care experience to fill this opportunity within a respected aged care facility based in Pakenham. Representing a highly respected provider of aged care services, this role is responsible for providing a range of individual, group and community activities according to residents individual assessed physical, social, cultural and spiritual needs and preferences.
- Excellent career opportunity
- Comprehensive salary offering available
- Autonomous single-site position
- Be part of an outstanding senior management team
- Enjoy a supportive & systems focused provider
- Work in an environment that provides person-centred care
- A real holistic approach to Aged Care.
This Leisure & Lifestyle Coordinator opportunity is a busy and rewarding role where you will be required to coordinate centre based day care, evaluate group & individual lifestyle programs and facilitate the participation of residents in a variety of experiences which improve their quality of life. You will work alongside the nursing team to examine resident assessments & care plans & develop lifestyle programs to improve the quality of their days. This is a leadership role reporting to the Quality Manager & Facility Manager’s across the organisation’s portfolio of homes.
- Have a minimum Diploma qualifications in Leisure and Health, Diversional Therapy or similar, Certificate IV (Lifestyle & Leisure)
- You will have a minimum of two years experience working in the Aged Care sector with a strong understanding of person-centered care and activity programming for clients.
- A passion for Aged Care
- The capacity to work well autonomously and be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An approachable & caring demeanour
- Experience coordinating & evaluating group & individual programs
- Experience with resident care planning & assessments
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Manual Driver’s License
- Current Police Check
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Leisure & Lifestyle Coordinator – Aged Care – Pakenham
If you feel you have the necessary skills, please apply today and a member of our HR team will be in contact.
If you’d like more information before submitting an official application, feel free to call me for a confidential discussion. Call Matt direct on 0405 901 883, at (02) 8202 7545 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org