Mornington Peninsula Shire Libraries aspire to be the local centre of information, making all kinds of knowledge and information readily available to the community. Our services are available through four branch libraries as well as a Mobile Library, Outreach Services, Home Library Services and the library website.
The Libraries Team is seeking an enthusiastic individual to engage and support customers in the use of library services and to deliver Library Programs. You will work predominantly in the public area in a front-of-house capacity delivering excellent face-to-face customer service.
You will work within teams to develop and deliver library services, programs and events that support lifelong learning, digital literacy/technology, reader development and literacy outcomes
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key duties include:
- proactively supporting & promoting the day to day delivery of programs, services and collections
- providing assistance and advice to customers
- supporting customer use of technology and library systems
- developing & maintaining relationships with community groups
- training & monitoring work tasks for volunteers and work experience / placement students
- supporting the development and delivery of regular programs & events
- data entry into the Library Management System
- collection, processing and reconciliation of income generated at front of house customer service and self-service stations
Skills and experience
- have a Diploma of Library Information, Information Services or equivalent qualification
- have substantial experience in a frontline customer service role & in the use of a range of IT applications including social media
- have relevant prior experience in public libraries (desirable)
- have a current Victorian driver’s licence or the ability to travel between Library branches and offices
- have a Working with Children Check
- be prepared to undertake a Police Records Check
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Jordan Blair-Bremner on 03 5950 1230.