Mornington Peninsula Shire Library Services aspires to be the local centre of information, making all kinds of knowledge and information readily available to the community. Our services are available through four branch libraries as well as a Mobile Library, Outreach Services, Home Library Services and the library website.
The Libraries Team is seeking enthusiastic individuals to drive and assist in the maintenance of the Mobile Library prime mover and trailer and engage and support customers in the use of library services and programs. You will work predominantly on the Mobile Library and be required to work rostered shifts between branch libraries from time to time.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
You will work with the Libraries team to provide excellent community based library and information service, through positive customer service in a self-serve environment. You will be mainly rostered to work on the Mobile Library.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake driving duties of the Mobile Library.
- To provide assistance in the maintenance of the prime mover and trailer in a condition that is in accordance with the management of Shire assets.
- Engage and support customers in the use of the library services, collections, technology and equipment.
- To efficiently and effectively perform support functions relating to the day to day operations of the library and the maintenance, borrowing and returning of library materials through shelving, tidying and displays.
Skills & Experience
You will have:
- a basic understanding and appreciation of mechanical principles;
- understanding of and excellence in customer service;
- demonstrated skills and experience using IT applications and considerable experience/ability to troubleshoot computers and support customers in the use of library related technology;
- the ability to provide training in customer service tasks to meet library specific processes and procedures;
- the ability to successfully complete financial transactions;
- excellent written & verbal communication skills
- successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent (preferred).
- experience in a public library environment or customer service (desirable)
- demonstrated experience in dealing with external service providers.
- a current Victorian Heavy Combination (HC) driver’s licence which allows the holder to drive the mobile library (essential);
- a valid Working with Children Check (essential).
Applicants must be prepared to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check.
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact Jordan Blair-Bremner 03 5950 1230.