Light Vehicle Mechanic
Company Name: GS & M Automotive
Contact Information: Grant Ward
Salary: Excellent Salary Package Negotiable Upon Experience
Closing Date: 29/09/17
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Description Light Vehicle Mechanic
We are looking for someone special to join our Team! Immediate start for the right applicant, so if you have a bright, positive can-do attitude and fit the criteria below, please apply!
We are a family owned and operated business with a passion for providing high quality automotive repairs and great customer service. We have been in business for 25 years and now service generations of the same families due to being a high referral business. We are a member of VACC’s A Grade Automotive Network (which is a certification to customers that we adhere to strict quality and professional standards) and have been a finalist in the VACC’s Industry Awards since their inception in 2015.
About the role:
We are seeking a full time permanent fully qualified general motor mechanic who is technically competent and well experienced to diagnose and repair customers’ vehicles (mostly passenger vehicles, 4WD’s and some light truck) to a high standard and in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
We are a small business of two mechanics and two part time admin staff so whilst general vehicle repair will always be your main responsibility, there is potential for the role to be extended to the following:
• Interaction with customers and suppliers. This might
include face to face or over the telephone.
• Ordering of parts and other supplies.
• Road testing vehicles.
• Invoicing and accepting payment.
• Organising job flow and assisting in daily operations.
• Occasionally running the workshop in owner’s absence.
We have high expectations of ourselves and our staff because we aspire to be the best in our field. You will need the following attributes:
• Australian citizen.
• Hold a current Australian Driver’s Licence (automatic AND
• Provide own hand tools.
• Fully qualified general mechanic with a high level of
technical competence and good diagnostic skills.
• Be able to service, maintain and repair a wide range of
• Automatic transmission training would be highly regarded
but not essential.
• Still eager to learn, even though you are well experienced.
Never too proud to ask if you don’t know!
• Self motivated person with a good attitude.
• Honesty, trustworthiness and integrity essential.
• Strong communication and people skills.
• Hard working and a team player.
• Good awareness of safe work practices.
• A well-presented person that can also maintain a clean and
Benefits and Culture:
We are a friendly team to work with and respect each individual. We are a family business so believe greatly in the importance of having a good work-life balance and encourage this through working hard Monday to Friday and resting on weekends. Weekend work is extremely rare if not non-existent. There is potential for this role to ultimately be quite varied and would suit a hard-working, intelligent, conscientious, people person. Workshirts and jumpers, clean and tidy well-equipped workshop and good facilities provided. Annual social outings to Awards night and Christmas function fully paid for. Excellent wage rate will be negotiated dependent on quality of applicant.
Please email letter of application and resume to email@example.com
or mail to PO Box 307 Frankston Vic 3199.