Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Electrical and/or mechanical engineering qualifications/experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in maintaining lifts or similar plant and equipment
- Experience working with lifts manufactured by Doppelmayr or Leitner Poma (preferred)
- Sound understanding of maintaining and managing lifts within budgetary parameters, and experience in implementing quality assurance and regulatory compliance strategies
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence key stakeholders, monitor performance against objectives and managing project risks and issues, produce detailed project plans where objectives are clearly defined and actions for achieving them are clearly specified, to ensure project objectives are met
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse issues from different perspectives, liaise with key stakeholders, draw sound inferences from information available, identify and implement workable solutions, and monitor their effectiveness
- Excellent written skills in developing and documenting operational procedures regarding staff training, emergencies, evacuation and maintenance, and preparing maintenance reports and other reports, as required, to the Chief Executive Officer
- Sound and well-proven staff management capabilities that clearly demonstrate strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate and mentor staff.
The role will encompass managing all aspects of maintenance, including developing and implementing maintenance schedules and budgets to ensure the plant and equipment operates to the highest safety standards. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the lift, buildings and grounds, in a cost effective manner that complies with all legal requirements.
As a key team member, the successful candidate will participate in recruiting, managing and mentoring other lift and maintenance staff.
Other duties include:
- Developing and documenting operation manuals regarding staff training, emergencies, evacuation and maintenance
- Operating an efficient maintenance/repairs tracking and reporting system, including recording daily activity and designing a preventative maintenance program
- Maintaining a clean, professional and safe working environment
- Ensuring that all certificates of compliance are maintained and up to date in accordance with relevant legislation
- Motivating and training staff, and mentoring inexperienced and new staff
- Ensuring staff are professional in their appearance and behaviour at all times
- Conducting periodic staff performance reviews
- Responding quickly to any emergencies.
Closing date for applications is 20th May 2016