DTM Business Logistics is a division of K&S Freighters. A progressive market leader within the transport and logistics industry for over 60 years providing transport, warehousing and logistics support.
We have a vacancy for a customer-orientated individual to work onsite within our customer’s premises. You will be an effective communicator, have come from a fleet control or supervisory background with preferable FMCG or Agricultural experience but not essential.
Opportunity to be further trained in leadership/people management for the right person.
Supporting a new contract, you will be responsible for the day-to-day fleet activities including:
- Manage drivers to deliver daily customer freight requirements
- Coordinate with fleet of drivers their daily movements and problem solve
- Maintain a strong safety culture and compliance to load restraint requirements
- Provide leadership and motivate employees to ensure maximum productivity
- Communicate relevant information to customers and internal stakeholders regarding delivery completion and daily progress
- Manage and report on as agreed, internal and external KPI’s
- Effectively manage company resources to ensure maximum efficiency
- Communicate with management any matters that affect the overall operation
- Demonstrate commitment to, and ensure the operations functions comply with relevant HS&E, Quality and HR practices
- Demonstrated experience in transport industry preferably fleet control or supervisory capacity
- Previous exposure to agricultural or FMCG preferred but not essential
- High level of problem solving ability to organise freight services in alignment with company/customer contractual arrangements
- Customer orientated and ability to build relationships, communicate effectively
- Systems experience sound PC skills, basic Excel
- Ability to set and meet targets
Candidates must be eligible to work in Australia full time.
Please select the “Apply Now” prompt to forward your application or alternatively you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: As we manage recruitment in-house, we request no recruitment agency enquiries.