The Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Planning Services team is looking to appoint enthusiastic four Planners on 24 month full-time contracts.
The position is responsible for providing and facilitating a high-quality service in relation to the Planning and Environment Act and Mornington Peninsula Planning Scheme.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for assessing planning permit applications, responding to customer enquires both by phone and in person and processing other planning related applications.
An understanding of planning scheme amendments and an understanding of Council’s legislative requirements is desirable to the role.
Skills and experience
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- be an excellent communicator (both written and verbally)
- have the confidence to resolve conflict in a variety of situations and mediate where necessary.
- Have the ability to be customer-focused while managing your own caseload in a dynamic team environment
- have the ability to work in a digitised and electronic processing environment
- have knowledge of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, the Subdivision Act 1988, and other relevant Acts and Regulations
- have experience in processing planning scheme amendments. Exposure to strategic planning projects would be advantageous
- have a degree in Town Planning or a related discipline (eg: environmental science, urban design, land surveying, architecture, etc)
- hold an Employee Working with Children Check
- undertake an Australian Criminal History Check
- hold a valid Driver’s Licence
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact David McPherson on 03 5950 1914.