About the business & role
Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Sport and Leisure team is seeking to appoint experienced and qualified individuals to undertake the role of Pool Lifeguard at its Pelican Park Recreation Centre located in Hastings and its Crib Point Pool.
Our Pool Lifeguards form a pivotal part of our service and are required to perform a range of duties associated with the usage and maintenance of aquatic facilities to ensure the safety and orderly behavior of patrons and the clean, hygienic and safe condition of all facilities.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- be responsible for the day-to-day pool operations within our facility and ensure that all areas both in and surrounding our pools is a safe and enjoyable environment for all patrons.
- have a passion for safety around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun.
- have outstanding communication skills and a be committed to customer service excellence to ensure our patrons safely enjoy their visit our the Shire’s facilities.
Skills & Experience
- have a demonstrated commitment and adherence to organisational values and behaviours
- have a demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service
- have good oral communication, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- have the ability to work flexible hours including weekends, mornings and evenings
- be able to meet the physical requirements and responsibilities of the position
- have a current Level 2 First Aid Certificate from Lifesaving Victoria, including CRP
- have an accredited Pool Lifeguard Certificate from Lifesaving Victoria, Pool Lifeguard Certificate, Fire Warden qualification, Asthma qualification and a Defibrillation Certificate (essential)
- have a valid Employee Working with Children Check (essential)
- be prepared to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check (essential)
- hold a valid driver’s licence (essential)
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact Judi de la Haye on 1300 850 197.
Please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume, via the Shire’s job portal: https://mp.mercury.com.au by 12 noon, Friday 1 September 2017.
Please do not select SEEK’s “apply now” button. You must apply via Shire’s job portal.