Interesting and exciting roles like this are rare. Would you like to work closely with a very highly regarded group of surgeons in an established and popular business? The team is welcoming and friendly and you will enjoy a fun, supportive and happy group, who work together to service patients to the best extent possible both at your base in the Peninsula Eye Centre and at VISTA Eyes in Elsternwick.
This position offers a collaborative and open relationship with the Business Manager and your position will be highly regarded and deeply valued. With responsibility for oversight of day-to-day business operations, you will have a passion for staff management and patient care. This role connects the business and is central to maintaining positive organisational culture.
In addition to the day-to-day and more regular functions, you will be involved in larger business projects including preparation for future audits, reviewing and maintaining business policy. There are plans for a substantial building renovation requiring your support and you will be involved in staff training and upskilling and identifying any areas for improvement.
Key skills for the Practice Manager position include (but are not limited to):
- Oversight of daily practice functions, staff leadership and management
- Human Resource management, including coordinating rosters and leave
- Coordination of recruitment, induction, training and appraisals of staff and practitioners
- Attending regular staff/practitioner meetings
- Reviewing and monitoring systems, processes and procedures with the ability to recognise and implement changes and improvements as necessary
- Implementation of strategic business plans and goals
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to approach work commitments and team spiritedness in a fun and down to earth manner
- Excellent reporting skills and a genuine drive to learn, grow, demonstrate initiative and ‘think outside the square’
- IT proficiency. This includes familiarity with Zedmed, or the ability to learn quickly
- Specialist Practice Management experience with Ophthalmology experience highly regarded.
If you have experience in the above areas and are looking for a rewarding management challenge, please make an application by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below to submit your resume and cover letter in Word format. To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call John Morris from Johnson Recruitment on (03) 9946 7318