The Victorian Government established the Port of Hastings Development Authority (the Authority) on 1 January 2012 as the first key step in the development of Hastings as a future container port with the aim of providing increased capacity and competition in the container ports sector. With a vision to be a world-class competitive and sustainable Port and is an exciting opportunity.
Reporting to the Executive Director Port Development the Project Cost Controller, will be an experienced Cost Controller for the Authority’s Port expansion project. The role will be responsible for gathering, managing, controlling and reporting all project costs.
Include but are not limited to:
- Provide analytical and commercially astute financial analysis of all project costs to assist with decision making, project operations and reporting;
- Prepare project budgets, manage cost codes, have financial input into financial systems and project control systems;
- Provide analysis of variance in actual versus budget expenditures and prepare cost forecasts for the project and individual work packages;
- Review and assess invoices from contractors and suppliers, provide cost control analysis for consultant and contractor claims in collaboration with Project Managers;
- Prepare monthly internal financial reports as set out in the project controls plan;
- Analyse the control system data and produce appropriate project reports that highlight key indicators of project performance such as deviations from budgets, forecasts, productivity, invoicing status, key project milestones, problem areas and schedule information and provide prompt feedback to Project Managers;
- Assist Project Managers in taking corrective action as a result of issues raised by the project controls report;
- Establish and maintain a Project Controls Plan in accordance with the Project Management Plan and Enterprise Management System (EMS);
- Maintain interfaces between the Authority and consultant / contractor systems for cost and schedule information, including establishing and maintaining project numbering system linkages to financial / commercial systems;
- Assist Project Managers with the preparation of cash flow projections and project budgets; and
- Assist with the establishment of project baseline information including Cost Time Resource (CTR) and Deliverable data for measuring project performance.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications are required for this role;
- Experience in the preparation, administration and documentation of invoices and payment claims;
- Proficient in cost analysis, cost forecasting, budgeting and variance reporting within a project type environment;
- Strong communication skills and financial acumen as well as negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management and operations;
- Ability to analyse detailed information and prepare reports using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Achieve job goals through proactive and timely effort;
- Demonstrate technical skills and apply the necessary skills and behaviours to tasks to deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the team;
- Experience in similar role/s particularly within a similar industrial environment; and
- Demonstrated ability to commit to the values and culture of the Authority.
Your application is to include a professional cover letter, a current resume outlining your skills, knowledge and capabilities relating to this opportunity and a statement addressing the key selection criteria.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 10 OCTOBER 2014
For any additional enquiries regarding this role, please contact Careers at Port of Hastings Development Authority on 03 5979 5579 or email@example.com