Together we can go places
GrainCorp is an international leader in food ingredients and agribusiness, creating value by connecting consumers and producers. We operate a range of multilinked businesses: Grain storage & logistics, Grain Marketing, as well as Malt and Oils production – providing an increasingly important service across the food supply chain. We are listed under the top 100 index on the Australian Stock Exchange with operations spanning Australia, New Zealand, Canada, China, Europe & USA.
This is a newly created role reporting into the National Quality manager. Together, and with the support of the team, you will manage the quality assurance and control onsite. This site is transitioning from an oil crushing site to one where we produce ready to eat oil products, fit for public consumption. This is a critical role for us and you will lead the development of our quality systems to meet the required standards. Your responsibilities will be to:
• Develop, implement and maintain Quality Assurance programs and activities that will ensure compliance with company policies, food safety standards for GrainCorp Oilseeds business, government regulations, and industry standards including HACCP, SQF and GMP.
• Maintain Analytical Laboratory and update Lab documentation – test methods, procedures, specifications (internal and customer) and reporting system.
• Review and maintenance of Oils & Fats blend recipes for the finished product to meet customer requirements.
• Oversee and manage Internal, External and Customer Food Safety audits
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following qualifications and experience:
• 5 years QA food processing experience
• Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Microbiology, food process engineering, or comparable is essential
• Demonstrated Management capabilities of Laboratory, QA systems and Food safety requirements
• Detailed knowledge of Food quality and Safety systems
• Good computer skills / knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Understanding of best practices in food safety and quality
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence key stakeholders
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work flexible working hours
• Able to identify, analyse and solve problems
• Attention to detail and good organisational skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show your highly collaborative working style in a growing international agribusiness, please apply online.
Together we are safer
Safety is a core value at GrainCorp, we are committed to a ‘zero harm’ environment and we act consciously every day to keep ourselves and our teams safe.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 12th April 2015
For enquiries only, please contact Orla Cleary on +612 92669316