Are you passionate about preserving and improving the Mornington Peninsula's natural environment, while maintaining and developing tourism opportunities?
Capel Sound Foreshores Committee of Management inc. is seeking an experienced Ranger (Environmental), to work in a Full Time position, to contribute and spearhead the implementation of its new Coastal Management Plan and 10 year goals.
Reporting to the Manager, the Ranger will be required to carry out and coordinate works associated with:
· The Foreshore Environment
· 92 boatsheds
· Tootgarook boat ramp
· 345 camp sites
· Education centre
· Foreshore infrastructure
· Administrative Tasks
The position includes interaction with:
· The general public
· Trades people
· Stakeholders in the foreshore
We are looking for someone who possesses the following skills and experience:
· Diploma, or similar, in an Environmental / Conservation / Natural Resource Management field of study.
· Preferable – experience in a similar environment.
· Knowledge and experience of the Coastal Environment.
· Operational skills and experience in the use of tools and equipment to maintain the Foreshore Reserve.
· Must possess a 'safe operation of a chainsaw certificate'.
· Ability to work alone and as an effective team member.
· Effective problem solving skills.
· Ability and preparedness to complete various outdoor duties.
· High level of customer service.
· High level computer skills.
· Committed to work within OH&S legislation.
· All appointments are required to fulfill a satisfactory Working with Children check and National Police check prior to commencement.
$58,000 - $65,000 per annum
Rostered weekend / Public Holiday work is a requirement of this position.
How to Apply
All applicants must obtain a copy of the position description and address the Selection Criteria to be considered for interview.
To obtain a copy of the position description, or for further enquiries, please contact the manager on T:03-5986 4382, or email email@example.com
All applications must be sent by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close – Midday, Friday 8th May 2015.