• Permanent part time – 20 hours per week
• Rotating roster based on centre opening times
The Australian Red Cross Blood Service is entrusted with the supply of blood in Australia. We collect and process life-saving blood products for patients in need.
Within a professional and close knit team, you will assist in the management and clinical leadership of the team and provide an excellent service to our amazing blood donors. You will evaluate donors by medical assessment, collect whole blood donations and samples. You will also collect plasma and platelet donations via apheresis, ensuring the donation process is friendly, effective and efficient. Your enthusiastic customer service and caring nature will make the donors want to continue donating.
You will have:
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
• Previous experience as a Registered Nurse with general nursing experience
• Demonstrated team management and leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills that relate to donors and team members
• Experience of supporting and coaching team members in clinical matters
You will also be:
• Passionate about delivering great customer service
• Excellent at adapting to change in a regulated environment
• Great with detail, working under pressure and problem solving
• Computer savvy and able to multi task
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
• Structured training, coaching and support
• Generous salary packaging benefits
• Corporate rates for private health insurance
The opening times for the centre can be used as an indicative guide to hours of work.
For further details on this position please contact the Recruitment Centre on 1800 175 567.
To view the position description or apply, please click ‘Apply for this job’ to be directed to our website. Applications for this role close Wednesday, 4 February 2015.