Karingal is a successful community based organisation that aims to provide a fully inclusive community where people with a disability live the life they choose. Karingal provides a progressive work environment encouraging work / life balance and offers an attractive remuneration package.
Karingal and St Laurence have recently merged to form a not-for-profit organisation that provides a wide range of services, with over 2800 employees across 190 locations nationwide. Our service provision spans jobseekers, people with a disability or mental illness, youth, older Australians and those who are disadvantaged. For over 60 years, our organisation has promoted a fully inclusive community through partnership, advocacy and choice.
About The Role
As a team leader you will be providing inspirational leadership and operational management to our shared supported accommodation homes and ensuring an empowering and enabling environment for people with disabilities, whilst maximising opportunities for the attainment of personal goals and lifestyles that are valued by the wider community.
Reporting to the Operational Manager, the duties of the Residential Support Service –Team Leader will include:
- Proactively promote a home like environment that enhances the well-being of people with disabilities and is welcoming of families, friends and other visitors.
- Undertake program planning and monitoring functions including reviews and written reports as required
- Develop a productive working relationship to effectively manage up and manage house staff
- Foster a continuous improvement culture through effective supervision, communication and support to staff members
- Assist to recruit, induct, develop and support staff working within the facility to ensure that they can meet expectations and support residents
- Maintain accurate financial records including household expenditure and individual resident personal expenditure
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience delivering services in the disability industry
- Minimum Cert IV in Disability Studies or equivalent
- Current First Aid- Certificate II Level and CPR certificate
- Demonstrated ability to provide person centred active supports for residents
- Working with Children Check
- Experience leading and managing a team of staff
- Good computer skills including; in house data base systems, MS office and excel
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. This is a check of an individual’s name against a database held by the Department of Human Services (DHS) that records individuals who pose a proven risk to the health, safety or welfare of people with a disability living in group homes. If your name is on or is placed on the list, you will be ineligible to work as a residential disability support worker with Karingal St Laurence.
For further details please contact Shelley Compton on (03) 5950 0104
Please find below the position description outlining full details of this role:
RSW Team Leader PD August 2017.pdf
Enriching peoples’ lives through support, advocacy, partnership and choice.