Mornington Peninsula Shire has recently formed a Legal Services Team with the goal of integrating a best practice local government legal department comprising the functions of legal, risk, insurance and claims across the Shire’s operations.
This is an exciting time to come on board while the team is forming. Be part of shaping the team’s future direction, and working towards building an integrated risk management function to foster and support effective risk-based decision making across the Shire.
Leverage your claims and insurance experience to facilitate an effective claims management service which will minimise council’s risk of legal exposure.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
Reporting to the newly appointed Senior Risk and Insurance Advisor, this role is responsible for:
- Providing support to the Senior Risk and Insurance Advisor with planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating a range of risk and insurance initiatives and projects.
- Providing carriage of the claims management function and facilitating an effective claims management service.
- Driving a culture focusing on the value of risk management as a tool to drive success against the Shire’s objectives.
- Facilitating an effective claims management service which minimises Council’s risk of legal exposure.
- Providing the Senior Risk & Insurance Advisor with administrative support to maintain the Shire’s insurance policies portfolio and annual insurance renewals.
- Providing assistance in implementing risk management and business continuity management initiatives and projects.
- Providing high-level assistance to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of Risk and Insurance/Claims policies and procedures.
This is a customer facing role that requires a confident approach and an engaging personality.
Skills & Experience
- An ability to implement & manage projects, including the ability to plan, organise and set priorities and achieve agreed outcomes within a given timeframe.
- Experience in either insurance or claims management is highly desirable.
- Highly communicative (writing and oral) with strong interpersonal skills.
- Successfully completed secondary education or a tertiary qualification relevant to the position.
- Previous experience working in an office and team environment and sound knowledge of Local Government.
- A valid Employee Working with Children Check, Criminal History Check and driver’s licence are mandatory requirements of this position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting job opportunity, please contact Oliver Webb on 03 5950 1291.