About the business and the role
Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Planning Services team is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Planner.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The position is responsible for providing and facilitating a high quality service in relation to the Planning and Environment Act and Mornington Peninsula Planning Scheme.
Thie role provides direct support to the Principal Planners, Team Leaders and Managers within the Planning Services team.
- be committed to the provision of continuous improvement in relation to the productivity of the team
- have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- have the ability to be customer-focused while managing a significant workload in a fast past environment.
- have the ability to work in a digitised and electronic processing environment
- have a thorough understanding and knowlkedge of Council’s legislative requirements, particularly the Planning and Environment Act 1987, the Subdivision Act 1988 and other relevant Acts Regulations
Skills and experience
The following are essential to undertake this position:
- experience in assessing large scale and complex planning permit applications
- experience in strategic land use planning projects that will help provide the long term planning framework for the Mornington Peninsula
- an undergraduate degree in town planning or a related discipline (ie. environmental science, urban design, land surveying, architecture, etc)
- a current driver’s licence
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact David McPherson, Team Leader on 03 5950 1914.
Please submit your application by 12 noon 24 March 2017 via the Shire’s job portal: https://mp.mercury.com.au/Default.aspx