Melbourne Garages is one of the most successful Fair Dinkum distributors in Victoria, supplying a wide range of carports, sheds and barns to the residential market as well as some commercial projects. We are known for our professionalism, adding value, creative design and excellence in customer service.
Your main task is what sets Melbourne Garages apart from other shed distributors, and is vital to maintaining quality control and customer satisfaction. The Yard Person will go out to the customers residence and complete a ‘check off’ of all materials against the delivery docket, at the same time delivering the more delicate items, such as; roller doors, personal access doors and windows. Ensuring the shed kits is delivered complete and with no damage.
The nature of the fast pace building industry requires flexible people who can adapt quickly to different tasks and think on their feet while having safety front of mind.
Reporting to the director of the company, successful applicants will be required to perform the following duties:
· Scheduling deliveries
· Preparing and securing loads on trailers and utes for deliveries
· Confidently and safely driving a tandem trailer (with crane) and delivering items to residential properties
· Checking stock against delivery dockets
· Forklift duties
· Be able to email and correspond with suppliers
· General maintenance of yard and sheds
· Assisting in maintaining a clean, tidy and safe work place
To be eligible for this position you must:
· Be able to problem solve
· Have a current forklift license
· Have a current driver’s license
· you must be positive, enthusiastic and able to learn and cooperate in a team environment.
· Construction industry knowledge and experience with steel framed buildings will be advantageous, however not essential.
· You must also have experience using a variety of hand tools.
This is a great opportunity for you to join our friendly team environment based on the Mornington peninsula at our Hastings branch. This job opportunity offers an hourly rate and Super.
An immediate start (preferred but not essential)
To apply for this position, please refer to contact details
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been searching for CALL NOW on 0448217285 (Resumes will not be accepted at this time).
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria