Phillip Island Nature Parks, home to the world famous Penguin Parade, is seeking people to work as Parade Rangers on a part time basis from 1 December 2014 to 30 April 2015.
As a Parade Ranger your primary focus will be to deliver a high standard of customer service to our diverse range of visitors on a nightly basis. You will be working outside on the boardwalks, assisting in the conduct of the nightly Penguin Parade. You will be providing people with information about the Parade and ensuring the penguins are protected as they come ashore each evening.
People who are able to meet the following criteria are invited to apply:
• Strong customer focus& excellent personal presentation
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Cultural awareness
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in managing large groups of people and speak in public
• An interest in wildlife and the environment
• A current First Aid certificate
Hours of employment are in accordance with a variable seven day roster.
All shifts are in the evening and will include weekends and public holidays.
It will be an advantage if you have:
• Tourism industry experience
• Public speaking, Tour guiding experience
• Ability to speak second languages (Mandarin desirable)
Please note public transport is not available to the work site and applicants will need to make their own transport and accommodation arrangements.
There may be opportunities to extend this role, depending on requirements of the organisation.
Full descriptions of the roles are available on our website at www.penguins.org.au
Applications including a cover letter detailing your capabilities against the selection criteria together with your resume are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the position close 5pm on Thursday 23 October 2014.