Join Victoria’s largest child and family services organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. Since 1877, Berry Street has been committed to improving life opportunities for vulnerable children, young people and families. With over 1000 staff, Berry Street is a leader in providing high quality services all across Victoria.
Berry Street’s Residential Programs provide accommodation, care and support to children and young people who cannot live with their families and who are referred through the child protection system.
About the role:
- Our staff work as part of a team and are expected to provide a high standard of physical and emotional care to young people living in the houses.
- The role requires you to interact positively with the young people, spending time with them, cooking meals, undertaking household chores, completing reports and other administrative tasks.
- The qualities we are looking for in staff:
- Genuine enjoyment in engaging with young people
- Have a genuine interest in making a contribution to the well being and development of the young people
- Flexibility in your approach to work and hours
- Enjoy a degree of responsibility and lots of variety in your job
- Open mindedness and non judgemental approach
- Great communication skills, ability to engage well with the young people and work well with other staff
- The ability to remain emotionally calm in a crisis
- A great sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team
- Possess a current drivers licence
We staff our houses on a 24 hour roster, 7 days a week and you would be required to work shifts that could fall within the hours of 7am and 11pm and be required to do active night shifts (stand ups).
A recognised and relevant qualification in Residential Care (Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention), Social Work, Youth Work, Alcohol & Other Drugs (or other relevant qualification) is ideal but not essential. Experience in working therapeutically with children and young people in a residential care setting would also be advantageous. We are committed to provide comprehensive training and professional development to staff.
Queries to Antony Gianinni (Senior Manager, Residential & Support Services) Jan Davies (Team Leader Residential Services) on (03) 5134 5971 & Kirstie Nett HR Officer on (03) 9429 9266
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by COB on 13 May 2015
To download the Position Desrciption and apply for this role, please click here http://applynow.net.au/jobs/Berry742-therapuetic-residential-care-workers-casual-gippsland-wonthaggi