Phillip Island Nature Parks, which includes the Penguin Parade, Koala Conservation Centre, Churchill Island, The Nobbies, Sunderland Peninsula, Cape Woolamai Reserve, southern coastline and various wetland and woodland areas of Phillip Island, is seeking to appoint a Wildlife Rehabilitation Ranger for our Environment Division.
As Wildlife Rehabilitation Ranger your role will work across 2 key areas:
- Operate the Phillip Island Nature Parks Wildlife Clinic and undertake the rehabilitation of sick and injured wildlife, particularly seabirds (75%).
- Assist with the protection and enhancement of the Phillip Island Nature Parks, its wildlife and habitat (25%).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the rehabilitation of sick and injured wildlife
- Organising and assisting with the training of volunteers, staff, agency personnel and students in wildlife first aid and rehabilitation techniques
- Organising and participate in the Short-tailed Shearwater Rescue Program
- Maintaining wildlife emergency supplies including first strike equipment needed for oil spill and wildfire response
- Aiding public information and media where required including preparation of press releases and participation in and supervision of media interviews
- Undertake field works and projects as scheduled
- Contribute to Environment Departmental reports
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in wildlife rehabilitation and welfare or similar or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Proven ability to manage a wildlife clinic or capacity to take on this role in a short period
- Sound understanding of wildlife rehabilitation, preferably seabirds
- Technology capabilities in the collection, processing and analysing data and preparing reports
- Capacity to sustain long periods of outdoor physical activity including wildlife rescue
- Ability to work flexible hours and work alone if required
- Advanced communication skills: including liaison with external organisations, visitors and volunteers
- Manual driver’s licence
- Level 2 First Aid
A copy of the job description including the selection criteria is available at www.penguins.org.au/employment
This role is available on a 12 month Maternity Leave contract.
Your application should address the selection criteria and include a full resume of previous experience. Submission of applications is via email to: email@example.com
Applications for the position close at Saturday 18th October 2015.
Our vision is to be a world recognised place of conservation excellence, providing outstanding authentic experiences for all. Our people are